Unesco's World Heritage Site - Mythical Greece
Mythical Greek Civilization Tour
3 UNESCO’S WORLD HERITAGE SITES
Experience the Ancient Greek Civilization through a magnificent 6-day tour to Ancient Peloponnese and Mainland Greece including 3 UNESCO’s World Heritage Sites. The highlights of this mythical tour in Greece are Ancient Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympic Games, Ancient Delphi, the “navel of the Earth”, Arachova, the “winter Mykonos”, Chaeronea and finally Athens, the capital of Greece with the most known monument, the Acropolis.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Ultimate
Group Size Large Group
AT A GLANCE WHAT WE WILL VISIT AT PELOPONNESE AND MAINLAND GREECE
6 days in Mythical Greece including 3 UNESCO’S world heritage sites
- The strategical Corinth Canal
- Ancient Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympic Games including the stadium, the Archaeological Museum as well as the Museum of the Olympic Games
- Ancient Delphi, the “navel of the Earth” including the Temple of Pronea Athena, the oracle, the stadium and the Archaeological Museum
- Arachova, the “winter Mykonos”
- Athens, the Acropolis, the Parthenon, the Theatre of Dionysos, the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, the Temple of Olympian Zeus, Syntagma, Plaka, Monastiraki, the Ancient Agora, the Roman Agora, the Tower of the Winds, the National Gardens, the Parliament and Changing of the Guard, the Panathenaic Stadium Sanctuary of Apollo, Acropolis Museum
Excellent value of money
- Transfer from and to the airport
- Hotel accomodation 4 & 5 stars
- Breakfast every day in buffet style
- Dinners in all destinations except Athens
- Professional and local English speaking tour leader for the entire journey
- Full coverage travel insurance and other emergencies
- Transportation – Tours of the program with luxury air-conditioned vehicle and free wifi
- Entrance fees to archaeological sites and museums
- All transfers as per itinerary
- Flight tickets
- Visa fees and entry clearing fees
- Liquors, beers, drinks and bottled beverages
- Photography accessories like cameras etc.
- Tour Guide in all archaeological sites, upon request
- Hotel accommodation tax
- Other possible taxes
- Anything specified as optional
ATHENS - ANCIENT OLYMPIA
We depart from Athens to visit the UNESCO’S World Heritage Archaeological site of Olympia. On our arrival in the compact village of Olympia, we will visit the most famous sight of Peloponesse, the Ancient Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympic Games, Archaeological Museum as well as the Museum of the Olympic Games. We arrive at the hotel, get settled and enjoy a delicious dinner. Free time for relaxation or for walking in the paved streets in the village of Olympia.
ANCIENT OLYMPIA - ARACHOVA
We take our tasteful breakfast at the hotel and we depart for Arachova, the most cosmopolitan mountain village in Greece, also called ”winter Mykonos”. Arachova is also known for the local specialties which are the formaella cheese and the handmade pasta as well as the woven textiles. We arrive at the hotel, get settled and enjoy a delicious dinner. Free time for relaxation or for strolls through the picturesque village of Arachova.
ARACHOVA - ANCIENT DELPHI - ARACHOVA
We take our tasteful breakfast at the hotel and we depart for the ”navel of the earth”, the Ancient Delphi. Ancient Delphi, which is located on the slopes of mountain Parnassos, is the most important UNESCO’s World Heritage Archaeological Site preserving the most potent spirit of place. After admiring the Omphalos, the Athenian Treasury, the Ancient Theater, the Roman Market and the Sanctuary as well as the temple of Athena Pronea, we visit the archaeological museum. Last but not least of the day, we stopover to the Delphi village for souvenirs or a greek coffee and we return to the hotel to enjoy our delicious dinner. Free time for relaxation or for walking in the folklore streets.
ARACHOVA - ATHENS
We take our tasteful breakfast at the hotel and we depart for the capital of Greece, the city of Athens with a stopover at the monument called the lion of Chaeronea, leaving the amazing natural beauty. An imposing monument that was placed there by Alexander the Great, as it is said by Greek Mythology. Chaeronea was the site of several historical battles. We arrive at the hotel in Athens, get settled and enjoy a delicious dinner. Free time for relaxation or for an optional tour Sunset Trip to Cape Sounion & Temple of Poseidon.
We take our tasteful breakfast at the hotel and we depart for the most known UNESCO’s World Heritage Archaeological Site, the Acropolis Sacred Rock. We will admire the Parthenon, the place where Democracy developed, and then we visit the New Acropolis Museum. Leaving behind the amazing monument, we walk to the pedestrian streets visiting the Theatre of Dionysos, the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, the Ancient Agora, the Roman Agora, the Tower of the Winds and the Stoa of Attalus. We continue our day to the National Gardens, the Parliament and Changing of the Guard, Zappeion, the Temple of Olympian Zeus and the Panathenaic StadiumTemple. In the afternoon you deserve free time for relaxation, shopping or get ready for a unique nightlife experience.
ATHENS - DEPARTURE
We take our tasteful breakfast at the hotel and we depart for the airport to return back home.
Ancient Delphi, Unesco's World Heritage Site - Mythical Greece
All the hotels that collaborate with Mythical Greece provide excellent services in order to satisfy the most special requirements of our customers. It is for granted that most of the hotels will surely surprise every foreign traveler with the Greek hospitality, also called “filoxenia” and the fresh ingredients that they use at breakfasts, meals and dinners. We strive to accomplish the most unique experience on every tour package that we organize.
- Hair dryer
- Internet connection
- 24 hour Front Desk Services
- Room services
- King size bed
- Our rates do not include the residence tax of Article 53 of Law 4389/2016, per daily use of each room/suite, effective from 1 January 2018. Room rate per night is charged directly at the hotel. In the event of a change, through a clarification of the Ministry of Finance, the way this tax or other tax/fee is paid, our pricing policy will be modified accordingly
Greece is a Member-State of the European Union and has signed the Schengen Agreement. All citizens from EU and Schengen countries travel to Greece only with the Identity Card or the passport. Citizens coming from countries that have not yet signed the Schengen Agreement must acquire further detailed and up-to-date visa information specific to their nationality from the Hellenic Embassies or Consulates in their countries. Entry requirements can change at any time, so it’s important to check for the latest information. Visas are the responsibility of all travelers.
No way! Our travelers’ safety is the most essential and necessary part of every tour. We have the best agreement with Loyd’s and the travel insurance cost included in the final price.
Tap water is safe in Greece unless it’s marked on some of Greece’s small and remote islands.
Credit cards are accepted by most stores in Greece. The best is to ask first the stores that you are going to visit before buying anything. Make sure to carry cash in case credit cards are not an option.
ATMs are widely available in most towns and cities in Greece.
The Internet can easily be accessed at hotels, cafes, bars, restaurants, museums and central squares in most cities and major towns.
Ensure that global roaming is activated with your service provider before arriving in Greece. Mobile phone coverage is very good, however, on some of Greece’s more remote islands, it may not be available.
The tour guide for the archaeological sites can be included in the tour only upon request.
The presence of the tour guide is considered optional and its fee is not included in the final price of the tour. Based on the demand, the cost for his service will be shared and the tourist guide will be paid on site.
You can fill our form as an interest-bearing event and you will be informed of the cost before your arrival.
Some important costs you need to know are the following:
Water (0.33 liter bottle): 0,50€
Greek takeaway coffee: 1-3€
Greek coffee in a cafe: 3-5€
Greek takeaway souvlaki: 2-3€
Beer in a bar or cafeteria: 4-6€
One-way Ticket (Local Transport): 1,40€
Cinema, International Release, 1 Seat: 7€
Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant: 10-20€ / per person
Tips are optional in Greece.